We use various techniques in the practice, depending on gender, age, general state of health, patient preference and type of complaint.
- The Diversified Technique is characterized by a high velocity low amplitude thrust and is the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique, aiming to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
- Flexion-distraction technique is particularly effective with hernias, sciatica and arthrosis.
- Thompson Drop Technique is convenient for pregnant women or patients with artificial hips.
- Activator method is very mild and specific for example for anxious, fragile or osteoporotic patients.
- Myofascial release, post-isometric relaxation and trigger point therapy techniques are applied to sore and tight muscles to release tension and ease fibrotic changes within the muscles.
There’s a natural emphasis on the spine at a chiropractic office – but extremity joints can play an important role for overall biomechanics, so we’ll likely check your feet, knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists and even your TMJ on a regular basis.