I use various techniques in the practice, depending on gender, age, general state of health, patient preference and type of complaint.
- The Diversified Technique is characterized by a high velocity low amplitude thrust and is the most generic chiropractic manipulative technique, aiming to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
- Flexion-distraction technique is particularly effective with hernias, sciatica and arthrosis.
- Thompson Drop Technique is convenient for pregnant women or patients with artificial hips.
- Activator method is very mild and specific for anxious or osteoporotic patients.
- Myofascial release, post-isometric relaxation and trigger point therapy techniques are applied to sore and tight muscles to release tension and ease fibrotic changes within the muscles.
Because your spine houses your nervous system, there’s an emphasis on the spine – but extremity joints play a vital role for overall structural and neurological balance, so I’ll check your feet, knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists and even your TMJ on a regular basis.